- How can you create more volume in naturally fine, limp hair?
- What are the options for achieving smooth glossy hair?
- How can do you recommend controlling hair without damaging it too much with straighteners / curlers? Is there a type of cut that would sort it out?
- With money quite tight at the moment, what do you suggest for a cut that lasts?
- If your unhappy with your cut and are worried about going back to the same salon - what should you do?
- What do you recommened to do to see if you suit shorter hair?
- How do you create curls and waves with straightening irons?
- What are the top tips to achieving beautiful hair?
- What are the top must have hair products?
How can you create more volume in naturally fine, limp hair?
Go for volume shampoo's and conditioners and always use a blow-dry spray before styling. Direct the airflow from the dryer in at the root and finish with a 'cool shot' from your dryer to set the root lift. A blunt fringe on one length hair will add the illusion of volume or team short and choppy layers to build texture and create more body and fullness.
What are the options for achieving smooth glossy hair?
If you want to get your naturally curly hair straight without damaging the condition, the revolutionary Formaldehyde-free Brazilian Keratin Treatment is a great choice. This product works by flushing the hair with Keratin, a natural protein, and therefore does not damage condition, instead maximising it. Fading progressively with each wash, the product doesn't grow out, it washes out so it can be used safely time and time again and will not give you that dreaded re-growth. Suitable on either virgin or chemically treated hair (coloured, bleached, highlighted, permed or relaxed), the treatment takes approximately two hours, with prices starting from £150.00. Giving smooth, silky and frizz-free locks, you will be able to enjoy 3-4 months of smooth hair in a professional style with the added bonus of enriched condition.
How can do you recommend controlling hair without damaging it too much with straighteners / curlers? Is there a type of cut that would sort it out?
When straightening or curling your hair always use a heat protection product such as Wella Professionals High Hair Flat Iron Spray, specially formulated to shield your hair from heat damage. Book in for regular hair maintenance through trims and conditioning treatments to retain the overall quality, appearance and feel of your hair.
With money quite tight at the moment, what do you suggest for a cut that lasts?
Textured styles last longer than graphic shapes so opt for layers to give your hair greater movement and fluidity, helping you to get through that in between stage when your hair would usually require a trim. Use products such as Wella's High hair Punk Chic, a light control paste which will give you a natural wearable look with perfect texture and definition.
If your unhappy with your cut and are worried about going back to the same salon - what should you do?
If you are unhappy with your cut or colour contact the manager of the salon you visited to discuss the issue. The manager should be happy that you gave them the opportunity to rectify the problem and you can re-visit the salon to achieve your desired results. If however, you are still uncomfortable returning to the salon, it is probably better you find an alternative stylist that has been recommended to you. Always take advantage of an in-depth consultation before your service.
What do you recommened to do to see if you suit shorter hair?
Visit the salon and discuss the options with your stylist, they are trained to know how face shape and body shape effect the best choice of style and will be able to advise you. You can also experiment by pinning your hair up to give the illusion of a shorter style and take the hair off your face.
How do you create curls and waves with straightening irons?
Create curls with your tongs by taking the hair section by section and working the tongs in a twisting motion from mid-lengths to ends. Lock in this look with a spritz of Wella Professionals High Hair Finishing Spray, ideal for giving perfect control and shine.
What are the top tips to achieving beautiful hair?
- Always book in for a professional consultation before making a big change. Discussing this with your stylist/technician first will give you both the chance to discuss your options and find the perfect look for you.
- Invest in weekly conditioning treatments and eat a good diet to keep your hair in good condition.
- Invest in quality, professional care, condition and styling products they really do make a difference.
- Get your hair cut and coloured regularly and be open to moving your style on to stay on trend.
- Don't over do the heated appliances and always protect your hair before you style and don't forget to shield hair from the sun during the summer months.
What are the top must have hair products?
- Wella Professionals High Hair Finishing Hairspray is perfect for giving hold and shine to your final look.
- Wella's System Professionals Start-Up lotion which is an ideal cutting agent
- Alterna's Concrete offers great texture for a matte finish